- Poly5174 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-1β, Catabolin, Hematopoietin-1 (H1), IFNβ-inducing factor, Interleukin-β, Osteoclast activating factor (OAF)
- Goat Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-1 refers to two proteins, IL-1α and IL-1β, which are the products of distinct genes, but which are recognized by the same cell surface receptors. IL-1β is a potent immunomodulator which mediates a wide range of immune and inflammatory responses, including the activation of B and T cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-1 beta
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.25-1.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of human IL-1β protein ranging from 1000 to 15.6 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate when paired with H1b-27 (Cat. No. 511601). It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection: The biotinylated Poly5174 is useful as the detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the purified H1b-27 antibody (Cat. No. 511601) as the capture antibody and recombinant human IL-1β (Cat. No. 579409) as the standard.
Note: For testing human IL-1β in serum or plasma, BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Kits (Cat. No. 437007 & 437008) are specially developed and recommended.
AB_2561336 (BioLegend Cat. No. 517403)
- Cytokine, 17.3 kD.
Monocytes, tissue macrophages, Langerhans cells, dendritic cells, T and B cells, natural killer (NK) cells, large granular lymphocytes (LGL), vascular endothelium, smooth muscle, fibroblasts, thymic epithelia, astrocytes, microglia, glioma, keratinocytes.
- B cells, T cells, monocytes.
- Type I IL-1R (CDw121a), Type II IL-1R (CDw121b).
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, B cells, Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Langerhans cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Bomford R, et al. Eds. 1989. Interleukin-1 inflammation and disease. Elsevier New York.
3. Brazel D, et al. 1991. Biotechnol. Ther. 2:241.
4. Dinarello C. 1996. Blood 87:2095.
- Gene ID
- 3553 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-1beta on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.