- TUJ1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CDCBM, CDCBM1, CFEOM3, CFEOM3A, FEOM3, TUBB4, Tubulin beta-3 chain, tubulin beta-III, tubulin beta-4 chain, class III beta-tubulin
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Tubulin is the main component of microtubules. In adults, tubulin beta 3 (TUBB3) is primarily expressed in neurons and is commonly used as a neuronal marker. It plays an important role in neuronal cell proliferation and differentiation. Mutations in this gene cause congenital fibrosis of the type 3 extraocular muscles. Tubulin beta 3 (TUBB3) is also found in a wide range of tumors. Studies indicate that it is a predictive and prognostic marker in various tumors.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against microtubules derived from rat brain.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µL per million cells in 100 µL staining volume or 5 µL per 100 µL of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: flow cytometry4, immunofluorescence microscopy1-5,7, immunohistochemistry5,7, and Western blotting8.
This antibody is well characterized and highly reactive to neuron specific Class III ß-tubulin (ßIII). TUJ1 does not identify ß-tubulin found in glial cells. TUJ1 recognizes an epitope located within the last 15 C-terminal residues8.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nishimura K, et al. 2017. PLoS One. 12(1): e0170568. (ICC)
- Jongbloets J, et al. 2017. Nat Commun. 8: 14666. (ICC) PubMed
- Liu W.J, et al. 2015. Eur J Histochem. 59(1): 2464. (ICC) PubMed
- Chintalapudi SR, et al. 2016. Front Aging Neursci. 8:93. (FC, ICC) PubMed
- Ambasudhan R, et al. 2011. Cell Stem Cell. 9(2):113. (IHC, ICC)
- Hu X., et al. 2006. Nature Neuroscicene. 9(12):1520. (WB) PubMed
- Zechner D., et al. 2003. Develop Biology. 258(2):406. (ICC, IHC)
- Lee MK, et al. 1990. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 18:7195. (WB)
AB_2876748 (BioLegend Cat. No. 801219)
AB_2876748 (BioLegend Cat. No. 801220)
- Tubulin β 3 is a 450 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~50 kD.
Tissue distribution: central and peripheral nervous system.
Cellular distribution: cytosol, cytoskeleton and nucleus.
- Tubulin β 3 is the major constituent of microtubules, and plays a critical role in proper axon guidance and maintenance.
- Alpha tubulin, kinesin and dynein.
- Cell Type
- Mature Neurons, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Zhao X, et al. 2017. Med Sci Monit. 22: 3915.
2. Lebok P, et al. 2016. Oncol Lett. 11(3):1987.
3. Du J, et al. 2015. BMC Cancer. 15:536. PubMed
4. Rogue DM., et al. 2013. Clin Exp Metastasis. 31(1): 101.
5. Ploussard G, et al. 2010. Cancer Res. 70(22):9253. PubMed
- Gene ID
- 10381 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Tubulin beta-3 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.