- JAMA-147 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-1 Receptor type I, IL-1RI, p80
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD121a is an 80 kD IL-1 receptor type I. It is a transmembrane glycoprotein and a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily expressed on T cells, thymocytes, dendritic cells, fibroblasts, vascular endothelial cells, epithelial cells and neural cells. CD121a binds the mature forms of IL-1α, IL-1β, and IL-1Ra proteins. High affinity binding and signaling by the type I IL-1 receptor requires CD121a and the accessory protein, IL-1R AcP, which does not bind IL-1 alone, but forms a dimer capable of binding IL-1.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Extracellular domain of mouse IL-1R1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
- Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1 and receptor blocking in vivo1. Clone JAMA-147 prevents the binding of IL-1 to the type 1 IL-R1,2. The LEAF™ or Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is recommended for neutralization and functional assays (contact our custom solutions team).
For the most successful immunofluorescent staining results, it may be important to maximize signal over background by using a relatively bright fluorochrome-antibody conjugate (Cat. No. 113506) or by using a high sensitivity, three-layer staining technique (e.g., including a biotinylated antibody (Cat. No. 113504) or biotinylated anti-Armenian hamster IgG second step (Cat. No. 405501), followed by SAv-PE (Cat. No. 405204)).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Rogers HK, et al. 1992. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 89:1011. (Neut)
- Rogers HW, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:2093. (Neut)
- Product Citations
AB_2264757 (BioLegend Cat. No. 113509)
- Ig superfamily, complex of CD121a and IL-1R AcP forms high affinity IL-1 binding site, 80 kD
- T cells, thymocytes, dendritic cells, fibroblasts, vascular endothelial cells, epithelial cells, neural cells
- Innate and adaptive immune response
- IL-1α and IL-1β
- Cell Type
- T cells, Thymocytes, Dendritic cells, Fibroblasts, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Sims JE. 2002. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 14:117.
2. Rogers HK, et al. 1992. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 89:1011.
- Gene ID
- 16177 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD121a on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.