- STA (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V A013
- Other Names
- VCAM-1, INCAM-110
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD106 is a 110 kD single chain type I glycoprotein also known as VCAM-1 and INCAM-110. It is expressed predominantly on activated vascular endothelium but has also been identified on follicular and interfollicular dendritic cells, some macrophages, bone marrow stromal cells, and non-vascular cell populations within joints, kidney, muscle, heart, placenta, and brain. Expression on endothelial cells as well as many other cells is induced by inflammatory stimuli and cytokines. Activated endothelial cells can release soluble forms of CD106 which can be detected in the blood. CD106 binds the integrins CD49d/CD29 (VLA-4) and α4β7 that contribute to leukocyte adhesion, transmigration, and co-stimulation of T cell proliferation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence3, immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections, immunoprecipitation2, and ELISA2 capture for sCD106.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_2304307 (BioLegend Cat. No. 305809)
AB_2214226 (BioLegend Cat. No. 305810)
- Ig superfamily, type I glycoprotein, 110 kD
Activated endothelial cells, endothelial progenitors, follicular dendritic cells
- Leukocyte adhesion, transmigration, costimulation
- VLA-4 (CD49d/CD29)
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Carlos T, et al. 1994. Blood 84:2068.
2. Jones E, et al. 1995. Nature 373:539.
- Gene ID
- 7412 View all products for this Gene ID
- Specificity (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- Specificity Alt (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- View information about CD106 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.