- 1D9-M12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- GPR77, C5a receptor-like 2, C5a anaphylatoxin chemotactic receptor
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
C5L2 (C5a receptor-like 2) is a seven-transmembrane orphan receptor, also known as GPR77, which shares significant homology to C5a receptor (CD88), but it is a decoy receptor without G-protein coupling. C5L2 is co-expressed with C5aR on many kinds of cells, such as neutrophils, immature dendritic cells, mast cells, macrophages, and astrocytes. C5L2 binds C5a with similar high affinity as C5aR and relatively higher affinity for C5a-des-Arg than with C5aR.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications include: Western blotting1,3 and blocking2,3. The LEAF™ or Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is recommended for functional assays (contact our custom solutions team).
Clone 1D9-M12 is known to block C5a binding to C5L2, but does not react with C5a receptor. It has been reported that this clone is not effective in immunohistochemistry of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Fonseca MI, et al. 2013. J. Neuroinflammation. 10:25. (WB) PubMed
- Hao J, et al. 2013. PLoS One 8:e66305. (Block)
- Raby AC, et al. 2011. Eur. J. Immunol. 41:2741. (Block, WB)
AB_2564330 (BioLegend Cat. No. 342405)
AB_2564331 (BioLegend Cat. No. 342406)
- Seven transmembrane protein, decoy receptor, does not couple to G-proteins.
Neutrophils, immature dendritic cells, mast cells, macrophages, and astrocytes.
- Negative regulation of C5a function.
- C5a, C5a-des-Arg.
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Mast cells, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Scola AM, et al. 2009. Mol. Immunol. 46:1149
2. Johswich K, et al. 2006. J. Bio. Chem. 281:39088
3. Gerad NP, et al. 2005. J. Bio. Chem. 280:39677
4. Okinaga S, et al. 2003. Biochemistry. 42:9406
- Gene ID
- 27202 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about C5L2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.