- P1B5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- GAP-B3, GAPB3, ILNEB, MSK18, VCA-2, VL3A, VLA3a, FRP-2, galactoprotein B3, VLA-3 subunit alpha, CD49 antigen-like family member C, antigen identified by monoclonal antibody J143, very late activation protein 3 receptor, alpha-3 subunit
Covance Catalog# MMS-490R
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD49c is a 150 kD α integrin chain known as α3 integrin or VLA-3 α chain. It is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein which is proteolytically cleaved into two disulfide linked fragments of 125 kD and 30 kD. CD49c forms a heterodimer with integrin β1 (α3β1, CD49c/CD29, VLA-3) and is expressed by many types of adhesion cells, such as endothelial cells, epithelial cells, and dermal fibroblasts. Weak expression has been reported on leukocytes. VLA-3 plays a role in cell-cell and cell-matrix adhesion through binding Kalinin, collagen, laminin-1, laminin-5, entactin, and fibronectin.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- The P1B5 monoclonal antibody was generated against human HT1080 cells.
- The concentration is not quantified as this product is sold as undiluted crude mouse ascites fluid. The concentration might vary from lot-to-lot and an estimated concentration would be 1-3 mg/ml.
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. For long-term storage, keep the antibody at -80°C.
IHC-F - Quality tested
FC - Verified
IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining on frozen tissue sections. For immunohistochemistry, a dilution range of 1:250 - 1:500 is suggested. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested dilution of this reagent is between 1:250 - 1:500. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody recognizes the a3 subunit.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Wayner EA, et al. 2007. Meths. Enzymol. In: Integrins. 426:117.
- Wayner EA, et al. 1993. J Cell Biol. 121:1141. (IP)
- Carter WG, et al. 1990. J Cell Biol. 110:1387. (IP)
- Wayner EA, Carter WG. 1987. J Cell Biol. 105:1873. (IP)
AB_2565403 (BioLegend Cat. No. 921601)
- CD49c is a 150 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein
Cellular distribution: Plasma membrane.
Tissue distribution: Endothelial cells, epithelial cells, and dermal fibroblast.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules
- Gene ID
- 3675 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD49C on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.