- Bu32 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V CD21.4, VI CD21.5
- Other Names
- Complement C3d receptor (C3dR), complement receptor 2 (CR2), Epstein-Barr virus receptor
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD21 is a 145 kD transmembrane protein also known as complement C3d receptor (C3dR), complement receptor 2 (CR2), and Epstein-Barr virus receptor. CD21 is expressed on B cells, follicular dendritic cells, subsets of normal thymocytes and T cells, and some epithelial cells. CD21 is the receptor used by Epstein-Barr virus to infect B cells and is also the complement receptor for C3d. CD21 has also been shown to interact with a number of proteins, including CD23, CD19, annexin VI, CD81, iC3b, complement receptor 1 (CR1, CD35), and interferon-alpha 1 (IFN-α1).Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 700 has a maximum emission of 719 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm. Prior to using Alexa Fluor® 700 conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections4.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Björck P, et al. 1993. Eur. J. Immunol. 23:1771.
- Frémeaux-Bacchi V, et al. 1996. Eur. J. Immunol. 26:1497.
- Ling NR, et al. 1995. Clin. Exp. Immunol. 101:369.
- Wang, C, et al. 2011. BMC Immunol. 12:53. (IHC)
AB_2750238 (BioLegend Cat. No. 354917)
AB_2750239 (BioLegend Cat. No. 354918)
- Transmembrane protein, multiple SUSHI domains, approximate molecular weight 145 kD
Expressed on B cells, follicular dendritic cells, subsets of normal thymocytes and T cells, some epithelial cells
- Epstein-Barr virus receptor on B cells used for infection
- CD23, CD19, complement component 3, annexin VI, CD81, iC3b, complement receptor 1, interferon alpha 1
- C3d, EBV
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Epithelial cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Complement, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Kishimoto T, Eds. 1997. Leukocyte Typing VI. Garland Publishing Inc.
2. Moore MD, et al. 1987. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 84:9194.
3. Szakonyi G, et al. 2001. Science 292:1725.
4. Weis JJ, et al. 1984. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 81:881.
- Gene ID
- 1380 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD21 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.