- Michel-19 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD83 is a 45 kD type I transmembrane protein. It belongs to immunoglobulin superfamily and is expressed on mature dendritic cells and activated lymphocytes. CD83 is involved in the regulation of T cell development and immune response. Soluble form CD83 has been reported to inhibit dendritic cell maturation and dendritic cell-mediated T cell proliferation. Murine CD83 ligand has been found on B cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse CD83 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats of this clone) include: immunohistochemistry of acetone - fixed frozen sections4.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Cramer SO, et al. 2000. Int. Immunol. 12:1347.
- Fujimoto Y, et al. 2002. Cell 108:755.
- Mott KR, et al. 2009. Virol J. 6:56. (FC) PubMed
- Roland Cl, et al. 2009. Mol Cancer Res. 8:1761. (IHC) PubMed
- Masuda Y, et al. 2010. Cancer Immunol Immunother. [Epub ahead of print] (FC) PubMed
- Tze LE, et al. 2011. J Exp Med. PubMed
- del Rio ML, et al. 2011. Transpl. Int. 24:501. (FC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2074746 (BioLegend Cat. No. 121514)
- Type I transmembrane protein, Ig superfamily, 45kD
Mature dendritic cells, activated lymphocytes
- Regulate T cell development and immune response, soluble form CD83 inhibit dendritic cell maturation
- CD83 ligand
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Lymphocytes
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Lechmann M, et al. 2005. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 329:132.
2. Kotxor N, et al. 2004. Immunobiology 209:129.
3. Leon F, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:2995.
4. Cramer SO, et al. 2000. Int. Immunol. 12:1347.
5. Fujimoto Y, et al. 2002. Cell 108:755.
- Gene ID
- 12522 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD83 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.