- LpMab-21 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T1a, T1a2, gp36, gp38, gp40, Aggrus, PDPN, D2-40
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Podoplanin is a 40-43 kD type-I transmembrane sialomucin-type glycoprotein, also known as T1a, gp36, gp38, gp40, and Aggrus. Originally detected on the surface of podocytes, futher characterization showed podoplanin has a broad tissue distribution, including mesothelial cells, epithelial cells, follicular dendritic cells, and a variety of tumor cells. It has been reported that podoplanin is the ligand of CLEC2 and is involved in lymphatic vessel formation, platelet aggregation, and tumor metastasis. Podoplanin may serve as a useful marker for tumor diagnosis and prognosis.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human podoplanin
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kaneko MK, et al. 2017. Cancer Med. 6(2):382-396 (IHC-P, FC)
- Product Citations
AB_2814357 (BioLegend Cat. No. 395005)
AB_2814358 (BioLegend Cat. No. 395006)
- 40-43 kD type-I transmembrane sialomucin-type glycoprotein
Broad tissue distribution, including mesothelial cells, epithelial cells, follicular dendritic cells, and many tumor cells
- Lymphatic vessel formation, tumor metastasis, platelet aggregation
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Antigen References
- Raica M, et al. 2008. Anticancer Res. 28:2997.
- Xie Q, et al. 2008. Int. J. Clin. Exp. Pathol. 1:276.
- Ogasawara S, et al. 2008. Hybridoma. 27:259.
- Kato Y, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:51599.
- Gene ID
- 10630 View all products for this Gene ID
- Specificity (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- Specificity Alt (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- View information about Podoplanin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.