- WM59 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V P025
- Other Names
- PECAM-1, EndoCAM
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD31 is a 130-140 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1) or Endocam. It is expressed on monocytes, platelets, granulocytes, endothelial cells and lymphocyte subsets. CD31 has been reported to bind CD38 and be involved in wound healing, angiogenesis, and cellular migration in an inflammatory situation.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone WM59 has been reported to recognize the D2 extracellular portion of CD31.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence microscopy2, immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections8, and blocking of platelet aggregation3. Clone WM59 is not recommended for immunohistochemical staining of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 303143 & 303144).
The purified WM59 antibody is useful as a capture antibody for a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with biotin anti-human CD31 antibody (Cat. No. 536604) antibody as the detection antibody.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V Oxford University Press. New York.
- Muczynski KA, et al. 2003. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 14:1336. (IF)
- Wu XW, et al. 1997. Arterioscl. Throm. Vas. 17:3154. (Block)
- Nagano M, et al. 2007. Blood 110:151. (FC) PubMed
- MacFadyen JR, et al. 2005. FEBS Lett. 579:2569. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Sestak K, et al. 2007. Vet. Immunol. Immunopathol. 119:21.
- Wicki A, et al. 2012. Clin. Cancer Res. 18:454. (FC, IHC) PubMed
- Oeztuerk-Winder F, et al. 2012. EMBO J. 31:3431. (FC) PubMed
- Bushway ME, et al. 2014. Biol Reprod. 90(5): 110 (IF) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2563303 (BioLegend Cat. No. 303126)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 130-140 kD
Monocytes, platelets, granulocytes, endothelial cells, lymphocyte subset
- Cell adhesion, signal transduction
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Granulocytes, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Neutrophils, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- DeLisser H, et al. 1994. Immunol. Today 15:490.
- Newman P, 1997. J. Clin. Invest. 99:3.
- Fawcett J, et al. 1995. J. Cell Biol. 128:1229.
- Gene ID
- 5175 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD31 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.