- DL-101 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V B045
- Other Names
- Syndecan-1, B-B4
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD138, a member of the syndecan protein family, is a type I integral membrane heparin sulfate proteoglycan also known as Syndecan-1. Syndecan-1 participates in cell proliferation, cell migration, and cell-matrix adhesion via interaction with collagen, fibronectin, and other soluble molecules (such as FGF-basic). It is expressed on normal and malignant human plasma cells, pre-B cells, epithelial cells, and endothelial cells.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human SDC1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
The epitope recognized by MI15 is found within the ectodomain of the CD138 core protein. It has been reported that MI15 blocks the binding of clone B-B4 but not clone DL-101 by flow cytometric analysis. Clones DL-101 and MI15 exhibit differential staining patterns on in vitro generated plasma cells and some CD138+ cell lines.2
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats of this clone) include: immunohistochemical staining in paraffin blocks of tissue sections1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Osama MA. 2010. Int. J. Clin. Exp. Pathol. 3:280. (IHC)
- Itoua MR, et al. 2014. Biomed. Res. Int. 2014:536482. PubMed
AB_2728336 (BioLegend Cat. No. 352323)
AB_2728337 (BioLegend Cat. No. 352324)
- 100-200 kD type I integral transmembrane glycoprotein
Plasma cells, pre-B cells, epithelial cells, endothelial cells
- Adhesion, control cell morphology, regulate cell growth
- FGFb, collagen, fibronectin
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Plasma cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Sanderson RD, et al. 1992. Cell. Regul. 1:27.
2. Zola H, et al. 2007. Leukocyte and Stromal Cell Molecules: The CD Markers Wiley-Liss A John Wiley & Sons Inc, Publication.
- Gene ID
- 6382 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD138 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.