- P1F6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- ITGAV, MSK8, VNRA, VTNR
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD51 is a type I integral membrane glycoprotein, known as vitronectin receptor α chain, or integrin αV. It forms heterodimer with integrin β1 (CD29), β3 (CD61), β5, β6, or β8. CD51 contains two disulfide-linked subunits of 125 kD and 24 kD, and is expressed on endothelial cells, fibroblasts, macrophages, platelets, osteoclasts, neuroblastoma, melanoma, and hepatoma cells. Many extracellular matrix proteins with RGD-motifs are CD51 ligands. In association with its β chains, CD51 binds vitronectin, von Willebrand factor, fibronectin, thrombospondin, osteopontin, fibrinogen, and laminin. CD51, as an adhesion molecule, plays important roles in leukocytes homing and rolling and mediates bone absorption and angiogenesis.Product Details
- Human, Rat, Cross-Reactivity: Hamster
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- The P1F6 monoclonal antibody was generated against human small cell lung carcinoma cells (UCLA P3).
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
P1F6, reacts with the avß5 integrin complex. This antibody does not cross react with any other av containing integrin and completely inhibits avß5 dependent binding to vitronectin coated surfaces.
- Product Citations
AB_2629781 (BioLegend Cat. No. 920009)
AB_2629782 (BioLegend Cat. No. 920010)
- Two disulfide-linked subunits of 125 kD and 24 kD.
Endothelial cells, fibroblasts, macrophages, platelets, osteoclasts, neuroblastoma, melanoma, and hepatoma cells.
- As an adhesion molecule, it plays important roles in leukocytes homing and rolling as well as mediates bone absorption and angiogenesis.
- Forms heterodimer with integrin β1 (CD29), β3 (CD61), β5, β6, or β8.
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Macrophages, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Osteoclasts, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Burvenich I, et al. 2008. Mol. Cancer Ther. 7(12):3771.
2. Lee P, et al. 2014. J. Biol. Chem. 289(3):1467.
3. Su G, et al. 2007. Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 36(3):377.
4. Wayner EA, et al. 2007. Methods in Enzymology 426:117.
5. Weinacker A, et al. 1994. J. Biol. Chem. 269(9):6940.
- Gene ID
- 3685 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD51 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.