- 4C12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Apo-3, LARD, TNFR25, TRAMP, WSL-1, DR3
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
DR3, also known as TNFRSF25, lymphocyte-associated receptor of death (LARD), WSL-1, TRAMP, TR3 and APO3, is a 55 kD glycoprotein belonging to the TNF receptor superfamily (TNFRSF). TNFSF25 is expressed at low level on CD4-positive, CD8-positive T cells and NKT cells. It has been shown to stimulate NF-κB activity and regulate cell apoptosis. The signal transduction of this receptor is mediated by various death domains containing adaptor proteins. Recently, it has been shown that TNFRSF25 is also expressed on Treg cells and regulates Treg proliferation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Mtnfr25-Ig fusion protein
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Agonist - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
4C12 is an agonistic antibody. It leads to rapid and selective proliferation of pre-existing Tregs in vivo through TCR engagement with MHC class II (MHC-II) and IL-2 signaling. We recommend our LEAF™ purified 4C12 antibody (Cat. No. 144404) for agonist or in vivo studies.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- 55 kD glycoprotein, contains one death domain and four TNFR-Cys repeats
CD4, CD8, NKT and Tregs at low level
- Plays a role in lymphocyte homeostasis, induces NFKB activation and apoptosis
- Cell Type
- NKT cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
- Taraban VY, et al. 2011. J. Clin. Invest. 121:463.
- Slebioda TJ, et al. 2011. Eur. J. Immunol. 41:2606.
- Schreiber TH, et al. 2010. J. Clin. Invest. 120:3629.
- Reddy PB, et al. 2012. J. Virol. 2012. [Epub].
- Gene ID
- 85030 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about DR3 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.