- W6/32 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Major Histocompatibility Class I, MHC class I
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
MHC class I antigens associated with β2-microglobulin are expressed by all human nucleated cells. MHC class I molecules are involved in presentation of antigens to CD8+ T cells. They play an important role in cell-mediated immune responses and tumor surveillance.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cat (Feline), Cattle (Bovine, Cow), Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- For 5 mg sizes and larger, the antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 1 mg/ml and 3 mg/ml. For smaller sizes the concentration is 1.0 mg/ml.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Activ, Block, IHC-F, IP, WB - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone W6/32 recognizes residues in the N terminus of the human β2-microglobulin molecule21.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitaton2, Western blotting (non-reducing)3, immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections4,5, blocking6,7, inhibition of NK cell-mediated lysis10, and activation8,9. Clone W6/32 has been reported not to be suitable for immunohistochemistry on paraffin sections17. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 311412). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 311428) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Darrow TL, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 142:3329.
- Stern P, et al. 1987. J. Immunol. 138:1088.
- Tran TM, et al. 2001. Immunogenetics 53:440.
- Barbatis C, et al. 1981. Gut 22:985.
- Ayyoub M, et al. 2004. Cancer Immunity 4:7.
- DeFelice M, et al. 1990. Cell. Immunol. 126:420.
- Fayen J, et al. 1998. Int. Immunol. 10:1347.
- Turco MC, et al. 1988. J. Immunol. 141:2275.
- Geppert TD, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 142:3763.
- Wooden SL, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:1383.
- Nagano M, et al. 2007. Blood 110:151.
- McLoughlin RM,et al.2008. J. Immunol. 181:1323. PubMed
- Takahara M, et al.2008. J. Leukoc. Biol. 83:742. PubMed
- Lunemann A, et al.2008. J. Immunol. 181:6170. PubMed
- Laing BJ, et al. 2010. J. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 139:1402. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Vambutas A, et al. 2000. Clin. Diagn. Lab. Immun. 7:79.
- Coppieters KT, et al. 2012. J. Exp. Med. 209:51. (epitope)
- Crivello P, et al. 2013. Hum Immunol. 22:100. PubMed
- Jung Y, et al. 2015. Mol Cancer Res. 13:197. PubMed
- Shields MJ. Ribaudo RK. 1998. Tissue Antigens. 51(5):567-70. (epitope)
- Product Citations
AB_2783175 (BioLegend Cat. No. 311427)
AB_2561492 (BioLegend Cat. No. 311428)
AB_2783176 (BioLegend Cat. No. 311447)
AB_2783177 (BioLegend Cat. No. 311448)
- Ig superfamily
All nucleated cells
- Antigen presentation
- CD3/TCR, CD8
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. Eds. 1993. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook. Academic Press Inc. San Diego.
- Gene ID
- 3105 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HLA-A,B,C on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.