- 47 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- IL13BP, CT19
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD213a2, also known as IL13Rα2, is a type I transmembrane protein and member of the hematopoietin family. IL13Rα2 is the high affinity receptor for IL-13, but it possibly acts as a decoy receptor to antagonize IL-13Rα1/IL-4Ra-mediated IL-13 biological functions. IL13Rα2 is expressed by fibroblasts, smooth muscle cells, keratinocytes, and activated B cells. However, its presence on the cell surface is highly regulated. CD213a2 is also expressed in various types of cancer which makes it an attractive therapeutic target.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-13R alpha 2 Fc chimera
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
ELISA, IHC-F, Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats) include: ELISA1, immunohistochemistry staining of frozen tissue sections1, and blocking (competes with IL-13 for binding).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Balyasnikova IV, et al. 2012. J. Biol. Chem. 287:30215. (ELISA, IHC, Block)
AB_2562511 (BioLegend Cat. No. 360303)
- Member of the hematopoietin family, type I transmembrane protein, contains 1 fibronectin type III domain
Activated B cells, fibroblasts, smooth muscle cells, keratinocytes
- Possible decoy receptor, antagonist of CD213a1, internalization of IL-13
- Cell Type
- B cells, Fibroblasts
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Mitchell J, et al. 2010. Curr. Opin. Investig Drugs. 11:527.
2. Strober W, et al. 2009. Curr. Mol. Med. 9:740.
3. Tabata Y and Khurana Hershey GK. et al. 2007. Curr. Allergy Asthma Rep. 7:338.
- Gene ID
- 3598 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD213a2 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.