- S+16a (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- ART2.2, Art2b, Art, Rt6, Rt-6, Ly92b, Rt6-2
- Llama VH Ig domain
- Ave. Rating
- 1 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
ARTC2, also known as ART2.2, is a 35 kD, GPI-anchored, and cell surface ADP-ribosyltransferase that is highly expressed by regulatory T cells (Tregs) and natural killer T (NKT) cells. ARTC2 is enzymatically active at 4°C. Through the ribosylation of the ion channel P2X7, ARTC2 mediates NAD+-induced cell death (NICD) and the proteolytic shedding of CD27 and CD62L. Blocking the activity ARTC2 with Treg-Protector™ improves the recovery of Tregs and NKT cells during their isolation from lymphatic and peripheral tissues.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Expression vector encoding full length mouse ARTC2.
- 1 mg/mL S+16a Nanobody in PBS. Purity ≥ 95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE. Less than 0.01 ng of endotoxin/µg of protein, as determined by the LAL method.
- Treg-Protector ™ is sterilized by filtration through a 0.22 µm membrane and contains no preservatives.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze. Keep sterile.
Block - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
We recommend diluting Treg-Protector™ 1:4 with sterile PBS and administer 200 µL (50 µg) intravenously (i.v.) of diluted Treg-Protector™ per mouse. Euthanize the mouse and begin the cell preparation 15 - 60 minutes after the injection. Intraperitoneal (IP) injection is also effective at similar doses (validated by developer).
- Application Notes
Treg-Protector™ (S+16a Nanobody) is a recombinant llama VH Ig domain that binds to the ADP-ribosyltransferase ARTC2, which reversibly blocks its enzymatic activity and protects ARTC2+ cells from NAD+-induced cell death (NICD), which is caused by the release of NAD+ by cells that die during the preparation of primary lymphocytes. The S+16a nanobody has been demonstrated to protect a variety of cell types including Tregs, NKT cells, and tissue-resident memory T cells8.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Rissiek B, et al. 2014. J. Leuko. Biol. 95:543.
- Bannas P, et al. 2014. Contrast Media Mol. Imaging 9:135.
- Lischke T, et al. 2013. Eur. J. Immunol. 43:1828.
- Hubert S, et al. 2010. J. Exp. Med. 207:2561.
- Scheuplein F, et al. 2010. J. Autoimmun. 34:145.
- Scheuplein F, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 182:2898.
- Koch-Nolte F, et al. 2007. FASEB J. 21:3490.
- Fernandez-Ruiz D, et al. 2016. Immunity. 45:889.
- Product Citations
AB_2565485 (BioLegend Cat. No. 149801)
AB_2819899 (BioLegend Cat. No. 149803)
AB_2565494 (BioLegend Cat. No. 149802)
- GPI-anchored surface protein, 35 kD
Subsets of mature T cells, regulatory T cells (Tregs), natural killer T cells (NKTs), and γδ T cells.
- Cell Type
- NKT cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Antigen References
1. Menzel S, et al. 2013. FEBS J. 280:3543.
2. Bannas P, et al. 2011. Mol. Immunol. 48:1762.
3. Chen YG, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:4278.
4. Adriouch S, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:186.
5. Bannas P, et al. 2005. Blood 105:3663.
- Gene ID
- 11872 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about ARTC2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.