- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Small inducible cytokine subfamily B, member 8 (SCYB8), Monocyte derived neutrophils chemotactic factor (MDNCF), Neutrophil-activating peptide 1 (NAP1), Granulocyte chemotactic protein 1 (GCP1), Chemokine, CXC motif, ligand 8
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-8 (CXCL8) was originally recognized as a neutrophil-activating protein on the basis of two in vitro effects, chemotaxis and the release of granule enzymes. Porcine IL-8 is generated as a precursor of 103 amino acids. Porcine IL-8 is 75 and 81% similar to human and rabbit IL-8, respectively. IL-8 is one of the ELR (Glu-Leu-Arg) motif-positive CXC-chemokines and shares similarities with angiogenic cytokines. The ELR motif is just before the characteristic CXC sequence of cysteine residues. Most of the chemokines form noncovalent dimers, and IL-8 is functional as a monomer and as a dimer. The monomeric form binds with higher affinity to the CXCR1 than the dimeric form. IL-8 binds to CXCR1 and CXCR2. CXCR1 is shared with CXCL6 and CXCR2 is shared with CXCL1, CXCL2, CXCL3, CXCL5, CXCL6, and CXCL7. The CXCR1 receptor has two binding sites for IL-8, the binding site I located in the amino terminal domain, and the binding site II that includes one or two extracellular loops of CXCR1. IL-8/CXCR1 interaction induces tumor proliferation, and IL-8/CXCR2 interaction promotes angiogenesis in prostate cancer.Product Details
- Porcine CXCL8, amino acid Ala26 – Gln103 (Accession #P26894) was expressed in E.coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 78 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 9.0 kD. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Ala.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- Lyophilize from sterile 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU per µg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- Lyophilized recombinant protein is at 5 and 20 µg total protein
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for one month, at -20°C for six months, or at -70°C for one year. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. Reconstitute the protein in sterile water at 0.1 mg/mL. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C to -70°C. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in sterile buffer (PBS, HPBS, DPBS, or EBSS) containing carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA and stored in working aliquots at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Recombinant Porcine CXCL8/IL-8 chemoattracts human neutrophils in a dose-dependent manner. The ED50 for this effect is = 2- 10 ng/mL
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in lliophylized format are shipped on blue ice.
Macrophages, epithelial cells, airway smooth muscle cells, and endothelial cells.
- Chemoattraction and activation of neutrophils and granulocytes in inflammation. Induced by inflammatory cytokines such as TNFa, IL-1a; also induced by LPS
- Neutrophils, monocytes/macrophages, T and NK cells, mast cells, and endothelial cells.
- CXCR1, CXCR2
- Recombinant Porcine CXCL8/IL-8 chemoattracts human neutrophils in a dose-dependent manner.
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Burrows SD, et al. 1994. Biochemistry. 33:12741.
- Hoffmann E, et al. 2002. J Leukoc Biol. 2002 72:847.
- Araki S, et al. 2007. Cancer Res. 67: 6854.
- Ravindran A, et al. 2009. Biochemistry. 48:8795.
- Das ST, et al. 2010. PLoS One. 5:e11754.
- Baggiolini M. 2015. Front Immunol. 6:285.
- Liu Q, et al. 2016. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 31:61.
- Gene ID
- 396880 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CXCL8 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)