- Other Names
- Family with sequence similarity 19 (chemokine (C-C motif)-like), member A2 (FAM19A2), TAFA-2
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
TAFA2 is a member of the TAFA/FAM19 family, which is composed of five highly homologous chemokine-like proteins. These proteins contain ten conserved cysteine residues at fixed positions, and are distantly related to MIP-1-alpha (CCL3). TAFA2 is synthesized as a 131 amino acid precursor that contains 30 amino acids in the signal peptide and 101 constitute the mature protein. TAFA2 is predominantly expressed in the central nervous system (CNS) with highest expression in the occipital and frontal cortex, and medulla. The biological functions of TAFA family members are unknown, but they have been postulated to function as brain specific chemokines. In-house testing showed that TAFA2 enhances neurite outgrowth from E18 rat embryonic cortical neurons.Product Details
- Human TAFA2, amino acids (Ala31-His131) (Accession# AAH28403), with N-terminal Met-GSS-6His-SSGEGR- was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 118 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 13207.8 Da. LC-Mass Spectral data yielded a value of 13069 Da, indicating the removal of Met in the purified protein and Gly as the N-terminal amino acid. The protein migrates at approximately 17 kD in both DTT-reducing and non-reducing conditions by SDS-PAGE.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS, 1mM EDTA, pH 7.0.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.01 ng per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.) Please note, new lots of the 100 µg size will be lot-specific and may differ from previous lots that had a fixed concentration.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Enhance E18 rat embryonic cortical neuron neurite outgrowth at 2 - 20 µg/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Occipital and frontal cortex, and medulla.
- Measured by its ability to enhance E18 rat embryonic cortical neuron neurite outgrowth.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Tom Tang Y, et al. 2004. Genomics 4:727.
2. Benveniste EN. 1998. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 9:259.
- Gene ID
- 338811 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TAFA2 on UniProt.org
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.