- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Cutaneous T cell-attracting chemokine (CTACK), embrional stem cell chemokine (ESKINE), IL11RA-Locus chemokine interleukin-11 receptor a-locus chemokine (ILC), amin terminal peptide sequence (ALP)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CCL27 is highly expressed in skin where it is constitutively produced by keratinocytes. CCL27 binds to CCR10 (shared with CCL28) which is expressed on melanocytes, fibroblasts, and dermal microvascular endothelial cells. The interaction of CCL27 with CCR10 has a main role in skin homeostasis and inflammation. It has been described that more than 90% of the lymphocytes in the skin of patients with psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, and allergic-contact dermatitis express CCR10. In melanoma, CCR10 increases the ability of neoplastic cells to grow, invade tissues, disseminate to lymph nodes, and escape host immune responses. Also, it has been described that human skin tumors elude T cell-mediated antitumor immune responses by down-regulating the expression of CCL27. Interestingly, this down-regulation is mediated by EGFR signaling. In addition, CCL27 upregulation in melanoma cells impairs tumor growth due to the recruitment and accumulation of T cells and natural killer cells at tumor sites, resulting in enhanced antitumor immune responses.Product Details
- Human CCL27, amino acids Phe25-Gly112 (Accession# NM_006664.2) was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 88 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 10 kD. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 11 kD and non-reduced protein migrates at 12 kD by SDS-PAGE. The N-terminal amino acid is Phe.
- >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in 10 mM NaH2PO4, 0.15 M NaCl, pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.01 ng per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Bioactivity was measured by its property to chemoattract BaF3-hCCR10 transfectants in a dose dependent manner.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCL27 is expressed by keratinocytes.
- CCL27 attracts CLA+ memory T cells to the skin. CCL27 mRNA is induced by TNFα and IL-1 in keratinocytes, and this increase is down-regulated by IL-10. CCL27 expression is down-regulated in keratinocytes by EGF.
- CLA+ memory T cells, melanocytes, dermal fibroblasts, dermal microvascular endothelial cells, skin-derived Langerhans cells, and plasmacytoid dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Morales J, et al. 1999. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96:14470.
2. Homey B, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:3465.
3. Homey B, et al. 2002. Nature Med. 8:157.
4. Okada N, et al. 2006. Cancer Gene Ther. 13:393.
5. Pivarcsi A, et al. 2007. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104:19055.
6. Kai H, et al. 2011. Pathol. Res. Pract. 207:43.
- Gene ID
- 10850 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL27 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)