- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Myeloid progenitor inhibitor factor 1 (MPIF-1), Chemokine β-8 (CKβ-8), Macrophage inflammatory protein-3 (MIP-3)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Human CCL23 was initially identified in a cDNA library derived from human endothelial cells. CCL23 has six cysteine residues and possesses a separately encoded amino-terminal domain, characteristic of similar chemokines CCL6, CCL9, and CCL15. These four chemokines are weak agonists for CCR1; nevertheless, they can be proteolytically cleaved in the amino-terminus, resulting in forms with higher chemoattractant activity. Thus, NH2-terminus truncated forms of CCL23 have been detected in synovial fluid of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). In vitro studies have shown that CCL23 can be processed by MMPs at the amino and carboxyl terminus. CCL23 (26-99) is the predominant stable form after using MMP1, 2, 3, 7, 8, or 12. CCL23 (30-99) is formed by MMP14, elastase, and proteolytic activity in arthritic synovial fluid. In addition, CCL23 has been detected in serum of patients with active RA, in conjunction with CXCL13, TNFSR9, M-CSF, and TNFα. High levels in serum of these cytokines correlate with joint inflammation and have been considered as biomarkers of active RA. Also, high levels of CCL23 have been detected in plasma of atherosclerotic patients. High expression of CCL23 has been found in skin of atopic dermatitis patients, and in mucosal epithelial cells and inflammatory cells in sinonasal tissues of patients with chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS).Product Details
- Human CCL23, amino acids Arg46-Asn120 (Accession# P55773.3) was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 75 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 8.5 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrate at approximately 12 and 14 kD by SDS-PAGE respectively. The N-terminal amino acid is Arg.
- >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.01 ng per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Bioactivity was measured by its property to chemoattract THP-1 cells in a dose dependent manner.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, mucosal epithelial cells, and eosinophils
- CCL23 attracts monocytes, dendritic cells, and resting lymphocytes. CCL23 induces endothelial cell migration and angiogenesis. CCL23 inhibits colony formation of bone marrow-derived cells. IL-4 and IL-13 induce CCL23 in peripheral blood monocytes, and GM-CSF synergized with IL-4 to induce CCL23. GM-CSF and IL-5 induce CCL23 secretion from eosinophils.
- Monocytes, macrophages, and dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Patel VP, et al. 1997. J. Exp. Med. 185:1163.
2. Macphee CH, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:6273.
3. Hwang J, et al. 2005. Cytokine 30:254.
4. Berahovich RD, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:7341.
5. Novak H, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4335.
6. Rioja I, et al. 2008. Arthritis Rheum. 58:2257.
7. Poposki JA, et al. 2011. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 128:73.
8. Starr AE, et al. 2012. J. Biol. Chem. 287:5848.
- Gene ID
- 6368 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL23 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)