- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- 6CKine, Secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine, SLC, Exudos 2, Small inducible cytokine subfamily A, member 21 (SCYA21)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CCL21 is a CC chemokine highly expressed in lymph nodes. CCL21 is only 32% identical to CCL19 at the amino acid level; nevertheless, these chemokines bind to the same receptor CCR7. CCL21 has a unique extension of about 30 amino acids with two extra cysteine residues in its carboxyl terminus. CCL21 is expressed in synovial tissue in rhematoid arthritis (RA), and it has been suggested that CCL21, but not CCL19, induces human microvascular endothelial cell (HMVEC) migration and/or tube formation. In addition, it has been reported that sustained high concentrations of either soluble or immobilized CCL19 and CCL21 inhibit T cell proliferation and IL-2 secretion.Product Details
- Human CCL21, amino acids Ser24-Pro134 (Accession# NM_002989.2) was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 111 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 12 kD. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 16 kD and non-reduced protein at approximately 17 kD by SDS-PAGE. The N-terminal amino acid is Ser.
- >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.01 ng per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Bioactivity was measured by its property to chemoattract Baf3-hCCR7 transfectants in a dose dependent manner. The ED50 = 0.5 - 5.0 ng/ml.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Product Citations
CCL21 is highly expressed in HEV of lymph nodes and Peyer's patches. Also, it is expressed in the T cell zones of lymph nodes, in Peyer's patches by reticular cells, and in spleen by stromal cells. CCL21 is expressed by endothelial cells in lymphatic venules.
- CCL21 chemoattracts naïve T cells and maturing dendritic cells (DCs) into T zones of secondary lymphoid organs. CCL21 and CCL19 chemoattract antigen-engaged B cells to the boundary of B and T zones to interact with T-helper cells. CCL19 and CCL21 inhibit apoptosis in DCs.
- Thymocytes, activated T cells, naïve CD4 and CD8, mature DCs, fibroblast-like synoviocytes of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- CCR7 (CD197).
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Hedrick JA and Zlotnik A. 1997. J. Immunol. 159:1589.
2. Reif K, et al. 2002. Nature 416:94.
3. Ziegler E, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:6485.
4. Pickens SR, et al. 2012. Arthritis Rheum. 10.1002.
- Gene ID
- 6366 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL21 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)