- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Amyloid Beta A4 Protein, Prea4, Protease Nexin-II, Peptidase Nexin-II, Beta-Amyloid Peptide, Alzheimer Disease Amyloid Protein, Cerebral Vascular Amyloid Peptide, APP, Amyloid Precursor Protein
Covance Catalog# PTN-5273
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Human full-length APP recombinant protein (a.a. 1 - 751) with 10x His-tag at the N-terminus. The protein was expressed in HEK293 cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- >85% by SDS-PAGE
- 25 mM Tris-HCl, 150 mM NaCl, 0.1% dodecyl maltoside (DDM), pH 8.0.
- 0.1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store frozen (-20 or -70°C); shipped in blue ice. Aliquot upon receipt before freezing. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Recommended Usage
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: Recommended load amount of 0.2-0.5 μg/lane
- Application Notes
This protein has utility in immunoblotting (WB) and ELISA.
Uni Prot ID: P05067
WB Expected MW: 110 kD
APP751 MW: 84.8 kD
10X His-tag APP751 MW: 86.2 kD
WB Positive Control: 4G8 antibody (Catalog No. 803003)
- Additional Product Notes
View more applications data for this product in our Scientific Poster Library.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 351 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about APP751 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)