- Other Names
- IL-17A ELISA Kit, Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte-Associated Antigen-8 ELISA Kit (CTLA-8)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The 10- and 20-plate sizes of this assay have been discontinued. The assay will remain available for purchase under the 5-plate catalog number, but will no longer include ELISA microwell plates. Recommended microwell plates can be purchased separately under Cat. No. 423501. Please contact your BioLegend sales representative for bulk pricing quotations.
Rat IL-17A also known as IL-17 and Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte-Associated Antigen-8 (CTLA-8), is a founding member of the IL-17 family of cytokines. IL-17 is mainly produced by Th17 cells, a small subset of T helper cells. IL-17 exhibits multiple biological activities including the induction of various proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines such as IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF, GM-CSF, GRO-α, and MCP-1 on a variety of cell types. IL-17 is also involved in the activation of NF-kB and costimulation of T cell proliferation. As a result of these roles, IL-17 has been linked to many immune and autoimmune-related diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, lupus and multiple sclerosis.
Both the ELISA Max™ Set Standard and ELISA Max™ Set Deluxe are specifically engineered for accurate recovery and measurement of analytes in complex fluids, such as serum and plasma (as well as activated cell cultures) without any interference by confounding serum factors, such as heterophilic antibody or rheumatoid factor.
- Kit Contents
- Rat IL-17A ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Rat IL-17A ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Rat IL-17A Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution A
- Substrate Solution B
- Coating Buffer B (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- Matrix Diluent C (for serum and plasma samples)
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- 8 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 15.6-1,000 pg/r
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: 96-well Nunc MaxiSorp™ is recommended.
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 µL to 1 mL
- Deionized (DI) water
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 µm filtered.
- Wash Buffer (Phosphate-Buffered Saline (PBS) + 0.05% Tween-20, pH=7.4). BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended.
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Stop Solution (e.g. 2N H2SO4) Biolegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Sealer
- Absorbent paper
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets do not come with plates. Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in these sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat No. 423501), and instructions for coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.