- W16220A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Vim, CTRCT30, HEL 113, Epididymis Luminal Protein 113
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Vimentin are class-III intermediate filaments found in various non-epithelial cells, especially mesenchymal cells. Vimentin is a widely expressed and highly conserved 54 kD protein that is constitutively expressed in mesenchymal cells, endothelial cells lining blood vessels, renal tubular cells, macrophages, neutrophils, fibroblasts, and leukocytes1,2. Vimentin is used as a marker of mesenchymal cells to distinguish them from epithelial cells3. Increased vimentin expression is frequently used as an EMT marker in cancer4. Autoantibodies to vimentin are commonly found in patients with autoimmune diseases such as Lupus5 and rheumatoid arthritis6, and also found after transplantation7.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial mouse Vimentin (224-446 a.a.) recombinant protein expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, ICFC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1: 500-1:5000 diluted (0.1 - 1 µg/mL). For immunocytochemistry, the suggested use of this reagent is 1:250-1:2500 diluted (0.2 - 2 µg/mL). For intracellular flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody does not cross-react with human (in-house tested).
May be weakly reactive with human Vimentin by WB.
- Product Citations
AB_2716136 (BioLegend Cat. No. 699301)
AB_2716137 (BioLegend Cat. No. 699302)
- 466 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 54 kD.
- Vimentins are class-III intermediate filaments found in various non-epithelial cells, especially mesenchymal cells. Vimentin is attached to the nucleus, endoplasmic reticulum, and mitochondria, either laterally or terminally.
- HCV core protein, LGSN, SYNM, PLEC, SLC6A4, STK33, LARP6, RAB8B, TOR1A, TOR1AIP1, and BCAS3.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Antigen References
1. Kidd ME, et al. 2014. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 50:1.
2. Fuchs E, et al. 1994. Annu Rev Biochem. 63:345.
3. Zeisberg M, et al. 2009. J Clin Invest. 119:1429.
4. Scanlon CS, et al. 2013. J Dent Res. 92:114.
5. Thebault S, et al. 2002. J Immunol. 169:4046.
6. Vossenaar ER, et al. 2004. Arthritis Res Ther. 6:R142.
7. Rose ML. 2013. Hum Immunol. 74:1459.
- Gene ID
- 22352 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Vimentin on UniProt.org
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-Vimentin||W16220A||ICC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Vimentin Antibody||W16220A||ICC,ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Vimentin||W16220A||ICC,ICFC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.