- 11G10SC (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- TRIM28 pS473, KAP-1 pS473
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Transcriptional intermediary factors (TIFs) are a group of transcriptional coactivators and corepressors that regulate gene expression by modulating chromatin structure and assembly of transcription initiation complexes. TIF1β is a member of the TIF1 subfamily of chromatin-associated TIFs that play a key role in many developmental and physiological processes. Studies using knockout mice reveal the important function of TIF1β in regulating genomic imprinting, T cell activation, and T cell tolerance.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Modified peptide: VKRSRpSGEGEVC.
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.05% sodium azide.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IF - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2561781 (BioLegend Cat. No. 654101)
AB_2561782 (BioLegend Cat. No. 654102)
- An N-terminal RING-B box coiled coil (RBCC) domain most likely attributes to intermolecular structure, while two characteristic chromatin-targeting domains, a plextrin homology (PH) finger motif and bromodomain, are found in the C-terminus.
- TIF1β acts as a transcriptional repressor by modulating histone deacetlyation, histone H3 Ly-9 methylation, and recruitment of HP1 proteins.
- TIF1β was shown to form homo-oligomers in vitro, but does not form hetero-oligomers with TIF1α or TIF1γ.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Messerschmidt DM, et al. 2012. Science 335:1499.
2. Chikuma S, et al. 2012. Nat. Immunol. 13:596.
- Gene ID
- 21849 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TIF1β on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.