- 20A1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Transcription intermediary factor 1-beta, KRAB-associated protein, TRIM28, KAP-1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
TIFβ (transcription intermediary factor 1-beta) is an 88 kD member of the tripartite motif family. This protein contains three zinc binding domains, a RING domain, a B-box type 1 and type 2 domain, and a coiled-coil region. TIFβ is found in the nucleus and associates with specific chromatin regions. This protein forms a complex with KRAB-domain transcription factors and recruits SETDB1 to histone 3 to increase KRAB-mediated transcriptional repression. TIF1β has been reported to interact with SETDB1 and CBX3 proteins. Studies using knockout mice reveal the important function of TIF1β in regulating genomic imprinting, T cell activation, and T cell tolerance.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide at 0.5 mg/ml.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Validated
ChIP - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.025 - 0.1 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 2.5 - 10 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence1, Western blotting1 and chromatin immunoprecipitation1.
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
This clone may produce increased background by western blot when used at concentrations exceeding 0.1 μg/mL.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Chang CW, et al. 2008 BMC Mol. Biol. 9:61. (WB, IF, ChIP)
AB_2209724 (BioLegend Cat. No. 619301)
AB_2209723 (BioLegend Cat. No. 619302)
- Tripartite motif family, contains three zinc-binding domains, a RING, a B-box type 1 and 2 domain, and a coiled-coil region. Predicted molecular weight approximately 110 kD
Nuclear, associates with specific chromatin regions
- Forms a complex with KRAB-domain transcription factor and recruits SETDB1 to histone 3 to increase KRAB-mediated transcriptional repression
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Ryan RF, et al. 1999. Mol. Cell. Biol. 19:4366.
2. Schultz DC, et al. 2002. Genes Dev. 16:919.
3. Moosmann PR, et al. 1996. Nucleic Acids Res. 24:4859.
4. Friedman JR, et al. 1996. Genes Dev. 10:2067.
5. Messerschmidt DM, et al. 2012. Science 335:1499.
6. Chikuma S, et al. 2012. Nat. Immunol. 13:596.
- Gene ID
- 10155 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TIF1β on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.