- IIB8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Transcription initiation factor IIB, General transcription factor TFIIB, S300-II, GTF2B, TF2B, TFIIB
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The Transcription Factor IIB (TFIIB) is a general factor that plays a major role in the activation of eukaryotic genes transcribed by RNA polymerase II.Product Details
- Human, Wide mammalian
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- This antibody should be aliquoted and stored at -20°C. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.
WB - Quality tested
FA, Gel Supershift, IP - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg/ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody recognizes Softag 3 epitope tagged proteins and is a human transcription factor. Clone IIB8 recognizes epitope 52-105 (TQDPSRVG). Nonspecific bands over 250kDa may be observed in some cell lysates.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: functional assay, gel supershift, and immunoprecipatation.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Thompson NE and Burgess RR. 1994. Protein Expr. Purif. 5:468.
- Thompson NE, et al. 1995. J. Biol. Chem. 270:4735.
- Duellman SJ, et al. 2004. Protein Expr. Purif. 35:147.
AB_2566803 (BioLegend Cat. No. 668405)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.