- IIB1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Transcription initiation factor IIB, General transcription factor TFIIB, S300-II, GTF2B, TF2B, TFIIB
- Mouse IgG2b
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
TFIIB is one of the ubiquitous transcription factors required for transcription initiation by RNA polymerase II. It plays an important role in pre-initiation complex assembly, which provides a bridge between promoter-bound TFIID and RNA polymerase II. Moreover, TFIIB also directly modulates the catalytic center of RNA polymerase II.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Validated
IP - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone IIB1 recognizes epitope 1-51.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Thompson NE, et al. 1995. J. Biol. Chem. 270:4735. (IP)
AB_2564439 (BioLegend Cat. No. 668501)
- 316 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of approximately 35 kD.
- The Transcription factor is required for transcription initiation by RNA polymerase II.
- Transcription factors IID and IIA and RNA polymerase II.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Thompson NE, et al. 1992. Biochemistry 31:7003.
2. Ha I, et al. 1991. Nature 352:689.
3. Hurwitz, J. 2005. J. Biol. Chem. 280:42477.
4. Deng W, Roberts SG. 2007. Chromosoma. 5:417.
5. Hirata A, et al. 2008. Nature 451:851.
- Gene ID
- 2959 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TFIIB on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.