- 4G8C07 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- T-cell acute lymphocytic leukemia 1, Class A basic helix-loop-helix protein 17 (bHLHa17), T-cell leukemia/lymphoma protein 5 (TCL5), SCL
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
TAL1, also known as SCL, is a class I basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor. TAL1 is essential for the establishment of hematopoietic stem cells during embryogenesis, and regulating proliferation and differentiation of multiple hematopoeitic cell lineages, such as erythrocytes, megakaryocytes, mast cells, and eosinoohils. Tal1-null mice are embryonic lethal due to the failure of yolk sac hematopoiesis and vascular defects. In hematopoietic cells, TAL1 forms a multiprotein complex with other transcription factors, which include the E protein TCF3, LMO2, LDB1, and GATA family members. The large protein complex containing TAL1 binds to specific cis-regulatory elements encoding the consensus sequence AACAGATGGT and regulates expression of target genes. TAL1 is not expressed in normal lymphoid cells, but ectopic expression of TAL1 in T-cells leads to T-cell acute lymphocytic leukemia (T-ALL).Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human TAL1 recombinant protein (1-263 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.5 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2566441 (BioLegend Cat. No. 681001)
AB_2566442 (BioLegend Cat. No. 681002)
- 331 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 34.3 kD. Contains a helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain that is responsible for DNA binding and protein to protein interaction.
- TAL1 is a bHLH transcription factor that regulates hematopoietic and vascular development. Ectopic expression of TAL1 is linked to T-cell acute lymhoblastic leukemia (T-ALL).
- Forms heterodimers with TCF3. Interacts with ETS1, LMO2, and DRG1.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Wu W, et al. 2014. Genome Res. 24:1945.
2. Kolodziej S, et al. 2014. Nat. Commun. 5:3995.
3. Palii CG, et al. 2014. Cell Stem Cell 14:644.
4. Yun WJ, et al. 2014. Nucleic Acids Res. 42:4283.
5. Zhou Y, et al. 2013. Blood 26:4199.
6. Sanda T, et al. 2012. Cancer Cell 22:209.
- Gene ID
- 6886 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TAL1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.