- W15153A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- TGF-beta-activated kinase 1 and MAP3K7-binding protein 1, Mitogen-activated protein kinase, kinase 7-interacting protein 1 (MAP3K7IP1), TGF-beta-activated kinase 1-binding protein 1, TAK1-binding protein 1, 3'-Tab1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
TAB1 (TGFß-Activated Kinase 1-Binding Protein 1), also known as TAK1-Binding Protein 1, is a regulator of the MAP kinase kinase kinase MAP3K7/TAK1, which mediates MAPK signaling pathways and proinflammatory signaling induced by TGF-β, IL-1, TNF-α and WNT-1. In the signaling pathway triggered by TGF- β, the binding of TAB1 and TAK1 triggers TAK1 autophosphorylation and activation. In the response to TNF-α or IL-1, TAK1 binds with TAB1/TAB2 or TAB1/TAB3 to form distinct complexes. In addition, TAB1 can also activate MAPK14/p38α, which represents an alternative activation pathway upon various stimuli. Alternatively spliced transcript variants which encode distinct isoforms have been reported. On the other hand, TAB1 gene disrupted mice demonstrate reduced TAK1 activity and are embryonic lethal.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human TAB1 recombinant protein (255-504 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
KO/KD-WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2617007 (BioLegend Cat. No. 687902)
- 504 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 54.6 kD. Contains a PPM-type phosphatase domain.
- TAB1 is a signaling intermediate involved in several signling pathways induced by TGF-β, IL-1, TNF-α and WNT-1. TAB1 regulates the activity of the MAP kinase kinase kinase MAP3K7/TAK1 and plays an important role in embryogenesis and wound repair.
- Interacts with XIAP, BIRC7, TRAF6, and MAP3K7.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Antigen References
1. Lanna A, et al. 2014. Nat. Immunol. 15:965.
2. Yang CY, et al. 2014. J. Immunol. 192:1547.
3. Zhu Y, et al. 2013. Genes Dev. 27:1739.
4. Moreno-García ME, et al. 2013. Mol. Cell Biol. 33:1149.
5. Pathak S, et al. 2012. EMBO J. 31:1394.
6. Liu Q, et al. 2009. Nat. Cell Biol. 11:154.
- Gene ID
- 10454 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TAB1 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-TAB1||W15153A||WB, KO/KD-WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.