- SP12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Synaptosomal-associated protein 25, SUP, RIC-4, RIC4, SEC9, SNAP
Covance Catalog# MMS-614P
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 2 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
SNAP-25, also known as synaptosomal-associated protein 25, is a component of the trans-SNARE complex. It is a Q-SNARE protein anchored to the membrane on the cytosolic face, and does not contain a trans-membrane domain. The SNARE complex is involved in the vesicle fusion process. SNAP-25 is implicated in the inhibition of voltage-gated calcium channels, and has been shown to decrease calcium responsiveness in glutamatergic synapses.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against a crude synaptic preparation from the post mortem human brain.
- Phosphate-buffered solution (no preservatives or carrier proteins).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB - Validated
IP - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 2.0 µg/ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB) and immunohistochemistry (IHC-P).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Honer WG, et al. 1993. Brain Res. 609:9-20.
- Brinkmalm A, et al. 2014. Mol. Neurodegener. 9:53. (IP) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2728531 (BioLegend Cat. No. 805002)
AB_2564674 (BioLegend Cat. No. 805001)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.