- S100A4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Protein S100-A4, calvasculin, protein 18A2, protein Mts1, metastatic cell protein, S100 calcium-binding protein A4, placental calcium-binding protein, leukemia multidrug resistance associated protein, 18A2, 42A, CAPL, FSP1, MTS1, P9KA, PEL98
Covance Catalog# PRB-497P
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The S100A4 protein belongs to the S100 subfamily, which has grown to be one of the largest subfamilies of the EF-hand Ca2+-binding proteins. The S100 proteins are small (10-12 kD), acidic proteins sharing 25-65% sequence homology. A majority of the S100 genes cluster on human chromosome 1q21. The discovery of this cluster has provided the basis for a new nomenclature for S100 proteins encoded by genes in the 1q21 region. These proteins are now designated S100A1-S100A13. In immunoblotting analysis using recombinant S100 proteins (S100A1, S100A2, S100A4, S100A6 and S100B) only the corresponding antigen (S100A4) was recognized. No cross-reaction with the other S100 proteins was observed.Product Details
- Cat, Cow, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against purified recombinant human S100A4 monomer expressed by E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.1 M NaCl, 0.015 M sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2 - 8°C
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IHC-P: 1:100 - 1:200 for Biotin based detection systems such as USA Ultra Streptavidin Detection (929501).
Tissue Sections: Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues
Pretreatment: For optimal staining, the sections should be pretreated with an antigen unmasking solution such as Citrate Buffer Retrieval Solution (928502).
Incubation: 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunocytochemistry (ICC) and immunohistochemistry (IHC).
Predicted Molecular Weight = 10 - 12 kD
Postive Tissue: Tonsil (human)
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schäfer BW, Heizmann CW. The S100 family of EF-hand calcium-binding proteins: functions and pathology. Trends Biochem Sci 21:134-40, 1996.
- Engelkamp D, Schäfer BW, Mattei MG, Erne P, Heizmann CV. Six S100 genes are clustered on human chromosome 1q21: identification of two genes coding for the two previously unreported calcium-binding proteins S100D and S100E. Proc Natl Acad Sci 90:6547-51, 1993.
- Product Citations
AB_2564748 (BioLegend Cat. No. 810101)
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.