- NT1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- AD3, FAD, PS-1, S182, presenilin-1, gamma-secretase
Covance Catalog# SIG-39194
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Presenilin 1 is one of two transmembrane related-proteins, the other being Presenilin 2, that form the catalytic subunits of the gamma-secretase intramembrane protease complex. The gamma secretase complex catalyzes cleavage of a number of integral membrane proteins including Amyloid precursor protein (APP), Notch, Erb4 and E-cadherin.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- BioLegend's mouse anti-Presenilin 1 was raised against a portion of the n-terminal region of Presenilin 1 (RRSLGHPEP).
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is against the N-terminus of Presenilin 1 and detects the N-terminal fragment (NTF) generated from the proteolysis of the full-length protein (52kD).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Mathews PM, et al. 2000. Mol Med. 6(10)
- Cohen RM, et al. 2013. J. Neurosci. 15:6245. (WB) PubMed
- Laudon H, et al. 2004. J Neurochem. 89:44-53
- Ahn K, et al. 2010. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 107:21435
- Product Citations
AB_2734591 (BioLegend Cat. No. 823404)
AB_2564868 (BioLegend Cat. No. 823401)
- Expected MW: 26 kD
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 5663 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Presenilin 1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.