- 5G3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- Serine/threonine-protein phosphatase 2A activator, PP2A phosphatase activator, PP2A subunit B' isoform PR53, phosphotyrosyl phosphatase activator
Covance Catalog# MMS-5087
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Protein phosphatase 2A is a heterotrimeric protein serine/threonine phosphatase consisting of a 36-kD catalytic C subunit (alpha and beta isoforms), a 65-kD structural A subunit (alpha and beta isoforms), and a variable regulatory B subunit. When the PP2A catalytic C subunit associates with the A and B subunits several species of holoenzymes are produced with distinct functions and characteristics. Ubiquitously expressed, PP2A is involved in a broad range of cellular processes, including membrane receptor desensitization, signal transduction, intermediary metabolism, transcriptional regulation and control of DNA replication, and mitosis. The PP2A phosphatase family accounts for the majority of Ser/Thr phosphatase activity in the brain and specifically regulates tau phosphorylation, both directly as tau phosphatase and indirectly by regulating the activities of several tau kinases which include CaM Kinase II, PKA, MAP kinase kinase (MEK 1/2), extracellular regulated kinase (ERK 1/2), GSK-3β, and P70S6 kinase, thus regulating tau microtubule binding in the brain. When PP2A B' delta (PP2A 56 kDa regulatory subunit delta isoform) is associated with the A and C subunits, tau protein cannot bind to PP2A and be dephosphorylated, leading to increased tau aggregation.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against the full-length mouse phosphotyrosyl phosphatase activator protein (PTPA)
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB) and immunohistochemistry (IHC-P).
AB_2564880 (BioLegend Cat. No. 824401)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.