- L20/8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- PRKCA-binding protein, protein interacting with C kinase 1, protein kinase C-alpha-binding protein, protein that interacts with C kinase 1, protein kinase C, alpha binding protein, PRKCABP
Covance Catalog# MMS-5179
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Probable adapter protein that bind to and organize the subcellular localization of a variety of membrane proteins containing some PDZ recognition sequence. Involved in the clustering of various receptors, possibly by acting at the receptor internalization level. Plays a role in synaptic plasticity by regulating the trafficking and internalization of AMPA receptors. May be regulated upon PRKCA activation. May regulate ASIC1/ASIC3 channel. Regulates actin polymerization by inhibiting the actin-nucleating activity of the Arp2/3 complex; the function is competetive with nucleation promoting factors and is linked to neuronal morphology regulation and AMPA receptor (AMPAR) endocytosis. Via interaction with the Arp2/3 complex involved in regulation of synaptic plasicity of excitatory synapses and required for spine shrinkage during long-term depression (LTD). Involved in regulation of astrocyte morphology, antagonistic to Arp2/3 complex activator WASL/N-WASP function. (Uniprot)Product Details
- Human, Rat, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 10-130 of rat PICK1 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validation
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration of 10.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB) and IHC-P.
This antibody is less reactive in human tissue in IHC-P.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Evers DM, et al. 2010. Nat Neurosci. 13:1199.
AB_2734594 (BioLegend Cat. No. 830902)
AB_2564942 (BioLegend Cat. No. 830901)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.