- Poly6327 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- B-Raf proto-oncogene serine/threonine-protein kinase, BRAF, p94
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The Raf proteins are a family of serine/threonine-specific kinases that serve as a central intermediate in transmitting extracellular signals to the mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade, which controls cell growth, differentiation and survival. Three isoforms of Raf proteins have been found in mammalian cells: Raf-1, A-Raf and B-Raf. The B-raf involved in signal transduction from the membrane to the nucleus. It has been reported that T598 and S601 are the major phosphorylation sites of B-Raf in response to oncogenic Ras, and phosphorylation of these two residues is required for full activation of B-Raf. Mutations in the B-Raf gene have been reported in a number of human cancers, including malignant melanoma, thyroid cancer, and colorectal carcinoma. The poly6327 antibody recognizes human phosphorylated B-Raf (Thr598/Ser601) and has been shown to be useful for immunoflorence staining.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Modified synthetic peptide FGLATVKSRWSGS
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by antigen-affinity chromatography.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store frozen at -20°C.
ICC - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a dilution range of 1:100 - 1:400 is recommended. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue, a dilution of 1:100 is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
AB_2191774 (BioLegend Cat. No. 632702)
- Belongs to the Raf/mil family of serine/threonine protein kinases, predicted molecular weight 84 kD
- B-Raf involved in the transduction of mitogenic signals from the cell membrane to the nucleus. It has been reported that T598 and S601 are the major phosphorylation sites of B-Raf in response to oncogenic Ras, and phosphorylation of these two residues is
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Phospho-Proteins, Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Avruch J, et al. 1994. Trends Biochem Sci. 19:279.
2. Brose MS, et al. 2002. Cancer Res. 62:6997.
3. Zhang B-H, et al. 2000. EMBO 19:5429.
- Gene ID
- 128260 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Phosphorylated B-Raf on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.