- Poly6191 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Numatrin, nucleophosmin 1, nucleolar phosphoprotein B23
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|619101||50 µl (5 Western blots)||$125|
|619102||200 µl (20 Western blots)||$350|
NPM/B23 (also known as numatrin, nucleophosmin 1, nucleolar phosphoprotein B23) is a member of the nucleophosmin/nucleoplasmin family that shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm. This protein regulates the stability and transcriptional activity of p53 and acts as a molecular chaperone. NPM/B23 preferentially binds to denatured proteins and has been shown to stimulate DNA polymerase activity and control the duplication of centrosomes. The chaperone activity of NPM/B23 is regulated by protein kinase CK2 and promotes release of denatured substrates from NPM/B23. NPM/B23 is modified by phosphorylation onThr199. This protein has been shown to bind to RNA and DNA and interact with nucleolar proteins including nucleolin, protein P120, HIV-1 Rev protein, and hepatitis delta antigens. The Poly6191 antibody recognizes human phosphorylated NPM/B23 (Thr234/Thr237) and has been shown to be useful for Western blotting.Product Details
- Human, reacts against Thr234/Thr237-phosphorylated NPM/B23
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Modified peptide
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 50% glycerol. Bovine serum albumin is present at 1 mg/ml final concentration (USA origin).
- The antibody was purified by antigen-affinity chromatography.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store frozen at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 10 µl per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. For IHC, use a 1:50 dilution of antibody for staining. Antigen retrieval using 0.01 M sodium citrate buffer is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Wang Z, et al. 2010. Sci Signal. 3;2. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2155168 (BioLegend Cat. No. 619101)
AB_2155167 (BioLegend Cat. No. 619102)
- Nucleophosmin/nucleoplasmin family, member 1
- Nucleolar protein, can shuttle between nucleus and cytoplasm
- Regulates the stability and transcriptional activity of p53, acts as a molecular chaperone. Preferentially binds to denatured proteins. Has been shown to stimulate DNA polymerase α activity and control the duplication of centrosomes
- Binds to RNA, DNA, and interacts with nucleolar proteins including nucleolin, protein P120, HIV-1 Rev protein, and hepatitis delta antigens
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Szebeni A, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:9107.
2. Colombo E, et al. 2002. Nat. Cell Biol. 4:529.
3. Chan PK, et al. 1986. J. Biol. Chem. 261:14335.
- Chaperone activity is regulated by protein kinase CK2, promotes release of denatured substrates from NPM/B23
- Gene ID
- 4896 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NPM/B23-Phosphorylated on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.