- N59/20 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- GluN2B/NR2B glutamate receptor, Glutamate receptor ionotropic, NMDA 2B, NR2B, NMDAR2B, glutamate receptor, ionotropic, NMDA2B, N-methyl D-aspartate receptor subtype 2B, glutamate [NMDA] receptor subunit epsilon-2
Covance Catalog# MMS-5149
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- 0 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Glutamate activated Ion channels that are sensitive to N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) are designated NMDA receptors (NMDAR). The NMDA receptor plays an essential role in the induction of LTP in the CA1 and dentate areas of the hippocampus as the specific NMDA antagonist, APV blocks LTP in these areas. This receptor has also been linked to neuronal development and it has been implicated in several disorders of the central nervous system including epilepsy and ischemic neuronal cell death. The NR1 protein can form NMDA activated channels when expressed in Xenopus oocytes but the currents in such channels are much smaller than those seen in situ. Channels with more physiological characteristics are produced when the NR1 subunit is combined with one or more of the NMDAR2 (NR2 A-D) subunits.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 20-271 (extracellular, N-terminus) of rat GluN2B/NR2B glutamate receptor protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1:100*
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB).
*Expected MW: 170 kD
WB Positive Control: Rat Brain Membrane Lysate
AB_2564957 (BioLegend Cat. No. 832501)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.