- R1JHL (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- GluN1, Glutamate [NMDA] receptor subunit zeta-1, NMD-R1, glutamate [NMDA] receptor subunit zeta 1, N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit NR1, N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor channel, subunit zeta-1
Covance Catalog# MMS-501P
- Ave. Rating
- 0 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Glutamate activated Ion channels that are sensitive to N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) are designated NMDA receptors (NMDAR). The NMDA receptor plays an essential role in the induction of LTP in the CA1 and dentate areas of the hippocampus as the specific NMDA antagonist, APV blocks LTP in these areas. This receptor has also been linked to neuronal development and it has been implicated in several disorders of the central nervous system including epilepsy and ischemic neuronal cell death. The NR1 protein can form NMDA activated channels when expressed in Xenopus oocytes but the currents in such channels are much smaller than those seen in situ. Channels with more physiological characteristics are produced when the NR1 subunit is combined with one or more of the NMDAR2 (NR2 A-D) subunits.Product Details
- Rat, Mouse
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against a fusion protein from aa1-564 of rat NMDA NR1. It is sold as lyophilized TCS.
- Lyophilized. Stored in DMEM + 10% FBS.
- Lyophilized from hybridoma tissue culture media.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. For long-term storage, keep the antibody at -80°C.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1:300*
Reconstitute in 50 ul of distilled water. For immunoblot dilute in TBST (20 mM Tris/HCl (7.6), 137 mM NaCl, 1% tween-20) containing 5% nonfat milk and 0.05% NaN3.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB).
*Expected Molecular Weight is 120 kD
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Collingridge GL, Kehl SJ, McLennan H. Excitatory amino acids in synaptic transmission in the Schaeffer collateral-commissural pathway of the rat hippocampus. J Physiol (Lond), 335:33-6, 1983.
- Moriyoshi K, Masu M, Ishii T, Shigemoto R, Mizuno N, Nakanishi S. Molecular cloning and characterization of the rat NMDA receptor. Nature (Lond), 354:31-37, 1991.
- Monyer H, Sprengel R, Schoepfer R, Herb A, Higuchi M, Lomeli H, Burnashev N, Sakmann B, Seeburg P. Heteromeric NMDA receptors: molecular cloning and functional distinction of subtypes. Science 256:1217-1221, 1992.
- Ishii T, Moriyoshi K, Sugihara H, Sakurada K, Kadotani H, Yokoi M, Akazawa C, Shigemoto R, Mizuno N, Masu M, Nakanishi S. Molecular characterization of the family of the N-methyl- D-aspartate receptor subunits. J Biol Chem 268:2836-2843, 1993.
- Stephenson FA, 2001 Curr Drug Targets. 2:233. (IP)
- Louis JV, et al. 2011. PNAS. 108:6957. (IHC)
AB_2564918 (BioLegend Cat. No. 828201)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.