- N308/48 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- GluN1/NR1 glutamate receptor, Glutamate receptor ionotropic, NMDA 1, NMD-R1, neurotransmitter receptor, NMDAR1 receptor C1 cassette, N-methyl-D-aspartate glutamate receptor, glutamate receptor subunit zeta-1, N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit NR1
Covance Catalog# MMS-5145
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Glutamate activated Ion channels that are sensitive to N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) are designated NMDA receptors (NMDAR). The NMDA receptor plays an essential role in the induction of LTP in the CA1 and dentate areas of the hippocampus as the specific NMDA antagonist, APV blocks LTP in these areas. This receptor has also been linked to neuronal development and it has been implicated in several disorders of the central nervous system including epilepsy and ischemic neuronal cell death. The NR1 protein can form NMDA activated channels when expressed in Xenopus oocytes but the currents in such channels are much smaller than those seen in situ. Channels with more physiological characteristics are produced when the NR1 subunit is combined with one or more of the NMDAR2 (NR2 A-D) subunits.Product Details
- Human, Rat, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 42-361 (extracellular, N-terminus) of rat GluN1/NR1 glutamate receptor protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 - 10.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on paraffin-embedded tissue, a concentration of 10.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB) and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining (IHC-P).
AB_2734577 (BioLegend Cat. No. 818602)
AB_2564822 (BioLegend Cat. No. 818601)
- Expected MW: 105 kD
- Cell Type
- Glutamatergic Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Postsynaptic proteins
- Gene ID
- 24408 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GluN1/NR1 glutamate receptor on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.