- 6H9B13 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- NLR family CARD domain-containing protein 4, CARD, LRR, and NACHT-containing protein (CLAN), Caspase recruitment domain-containing protein 12 (CARD12), Ice protease-activating factor (IPAF)
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
NLRC4 , also known as IPAF, is a member of the NOD-like receptor (NLR) family. The NLR proteins share a conserved DNA-binding NACHT domain, a caspase recruitment domain (CARD), and a leucine-rich repeat (LRR) domain responsible for pathogen pattern recognition. NLRC4 was found to play an important role in the innate immune response against bacterial infection. During Gram-negative bacteria infections, such as Shigella, Salmonella, Legionella, or Pseudomonas, NLRC4 detects and is activated by translocated bacterial flagellin or PrgJ-like rod proteins subsequently resulting in the assembly of the NLRC4 inflammasome. The activated inflammasome drives proteolytic activation of caspase-1, leading to the processing and secretion of the proinflamatory cytokines IL-1β and IL-18.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human NLRC4 recombinant protein (1-88 aa)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.5 µg per mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2563347 (BioLegend Cat. No. 659702)
- 1024 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 116 kD. Contains a CARD domain, a NACHT domain, and 14 leucine-rich repeats.
- NLRC4 is involved in the assembly of the inflammasome complex, activation of pro-caspase-1, and induction of matured proinflammatory cytokines during bacterial infections.
- Foms homo-oligomer in NLRC4 inflammasome. Interacts with Caspase-1, ASC, NOD2, NALP1, and BCL10.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction
- Antigen References
1. Cai S, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 188:5623.
2. Franchi L, et al. 2012. Nat. Immunol. 13:449.
3. Carvalho FA, et al. 2012. Mucosal Immunol. 5:288.
4. Tomalka J, et al. 2011. PLoS Pathog. 7:e1002379.
5. Pereira MS, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 187:6447.
6. Sauer JD, et al. 2011. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 108:12419.
- Gene ID
- 58484 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NLRC4 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.