- Poly6212 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Myosin heavy chain, muscle
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Myosin heavy chain is an actin-based motor protein with an approximate molecular weight of 223 kD. Myosin heavy chain can be split into 1 light meromysin and 1 heavy meromysin chain (and further into 2 globular subfragments and 1 rod-shaped subfragment). This protein is highly expressed in muscle. Motor proteins that convert chemical energy derived from ATP hydrolysis into mechanical force that drives motile processes such as cytokinesis, vesicular transport, and cellular locomotion. Myosin heavy chain is modified by acetylation in cysteine residues in the S1 domain for myosin ATPase activity. Muscle myosin is a hexameric protein consisting of 2 heavy chain subunits and 2 alkali light chain subunits and 2 regulatory light chain subunits that forms filaments.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Rat; reacts against 1960 aa length myosin heavy chain
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by antigen-affinity chromatography.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store frozen at -20°C.
IF - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescence staining. For immunofluorescence microscopy: Use a dilution range of 1:100~1:400. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
AB_2147412 (BioLegend Cat. No. 621201)
AB_2250964 (BioLegend Cat. No. 621202)
- Actin-based motor protein, approximately 223 kD. Myosin heavy chain can be split into 1 light meromysin and 1 heavy meromysin chain (and further into 2 globular subfragments and 1 rod-shaped subfragment)
- Highly expressed in muscle
- Motor proteins that convert chemical energy derived from ATP hydrolysis into mechanical force that drives motile processes such as cytokinesis, vesicular transport, and cellular locomotion
- Muscle myosin is a hexameric protein consisting of 2 heavy chain subunits and 2 alkali light chain subunits and 2 regulatory light chain subunits. Forms filaments
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Antigen References
1. Weiss A, et al. 1999. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96:2598.
2. Schiaffino S, et al. 1996. Physiol. Rev. 76:371 (review)
- Cysteine residues in the S1 domain are alkylated for myosin ATPase activity
- Gene ID
- 4627 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Myosin heavy chain on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.