- MR5-2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- T cell receptor beta 8
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Vβ8 T cell receptor (TCR Vβ8) subfamily has three members, Vβ8.1, 8.2, and 8.3. These subfamily members are variants of the TCR β chain that along with the TCR α chain forms the TCR heterodimer, responsible for the recognition of peptides presented by the MHC molecules. Murine Vβ8+ T cells recognize the superantigen staphylococcal enterotoxin B (SEB); in vivo administration of SEB results in the negative selection of Vβ8+ cells in the thymus. Vβ8 is one of the most frequently found β chains on the infiltrating T cells in the brain of mice with experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE), and on the T cells response to Toxoplasma gondii.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- H-Y specific TH Clone OI6
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: induction of proliferation of Vβ8.1+ and Vβ8.2+ T cells1,2 and immunohistochemical staining3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kanagawa OJ. 1988. J. Immunol. Methods 110:169. (Activ)
- Denkers EY, et al. 1986. J. Immunol. 156:1089. (Activ)
- Drescher KM, et al. 2000. Int. Immunol. 12:271. (IHC)
AB_10645511 (BioLegend Cat. No. 140102)
- Members of the immunoglobulin superfamily, Vβ8.1 and 8.2 are variants of the TCR β chain which associates with the TCR α chain to form the TCR heterodimer.
- Expressed in a subset of TCR αβ+ T cells
- Recognition of peptides presented in the MHC molecules, responsible for T cell mediated immune response
- MHC-Peptide complex
- Cell Type
- T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Adaptive Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Marrack P, et al. 2008. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 26:171.
2. Acha-Orbea H and MacDonald HR. 1995. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 13:459.
3. Sim GK and Augustin AA. 1985. Cell 42:89.
4. Mami-Chouaib F, et al. 2002. Immunol. Rev. 188:114.
- Gene ID
- 21577 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TCR V beta 8 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.