- MECA-32 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Pan-endothelial Cell Antigen, MECA-32, Plasmalemma vesicle-associated protein
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 0 reviews
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
MECA-32 is a 50-55 kD homodimer glycoprotein primarily expressed on most endothelial cells in the embryonic and the adult mouse tissues, except in the brain and in skeletal and cardiac muscle, where it has more restricted distribution. In skeletal and cardiac muscle, the MECA-32 antigen is confined in small arterioles and venules. But in some conditions, such as inflammation or cardiac transplantation, MECA-32 expression can be induced on some negative-cardiac endothelial cells. In the brain, its expression occurs only in the circumventricular organs and the neurohemal tissues. During embryonic development, MECA-32 antigen is expressed on the brain vasculature up to day 16 of gestation, and disappears at day 17 and after.Product Details
- Mouse lymph node stromal cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IP, WB, ICC, IHC - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (in the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation, Western blotting, immunocytochemistry, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections2-5. Clone MECA-32 is not recommended for formalin-fixed paraffin sections.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Leppink DM, et al. 1989. Transplantation 48:874.
- Bergese SD, et al. 1994. Transplantation 57:711. (IHC)
- Tanneau GM, et al. 1999. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 47:1581. (IHC)
- Kopp HG, et al. 2005. Blood 106:505. (IHC)
- Hallmann R, et al. 1995. Dev. Dyn. 202:325. (IHC)
- Shono Y, et al. 2010. Blood. 115:5401. PubMed
- Chee J, et al. 2011. J Immunol. 187:1702. PubMed
- Zheng J, et al. 2011. Blood. 117:470. PubMed
- Lopez-Dee Z, et al. 2015. PLoS One. 10: e0139918. PubMed
- Qiao J, et al. 2015. Sci Rep. 5: 17828. PubMed
- Alfaro D, et al. 2015. J Leukoc Biol. 98: 883 - 896. PubMed
AB_493301 (BioLegend Cat. No. 120501)
AB_493302 (BioLegend Cat. No. 120502)
- 50-55 kD homodimer
- Endothelial cell in the embryonic and the adult mice, except in the brain and in skeletal and cardiac muscle, where it has more restricted distribution
- Antigen References
1. Leppnik DM, et al. 1989. Transplantation 48:874.
2. Hallmann R, et al. 1995. Dev. Dyn. 202:325.
3. Kruse A, et al. 1999. Bio. Reprod. 61:1393.
- Gene ID
- 84094 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Panendothelial Cell Antigen on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.