- MP2-8F8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-3, Burst promoting activity, Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), Hematopoietic cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast (MGF/MCGF), Multi-colony stimulating (Multi-CSF), P cell stimulating activity (PCSA), Thy1 inducing factor
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-expressed, recombinant mouse IL-3
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
IP, IHC - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
- Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 0.5-2.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-3 recombinant protein ranging from 250 to 2 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
- ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1-5,8: The purified MP2-8F8 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated MP2-43D11 antibody (Cat. No. 504002) as the detecting antibody. The LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams, J., et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Abrams, J., et al. 1988. J. Immunol. 140:131.
- Cockayne, D., et al. 1991. Growth Factors 5:171.
- Sander, B., et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Meth. 166:201.
- Abrams, J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Finkelman, F., et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:1235.
- Andersson, U., et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Karulin, A., et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:1862.
AB_315307 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503901)
AB_315308 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503902)
- Cytokine; 28 kD (Mammalian)
- Proliferation/differentiation of almost all types of hematopoietic progenitors into granulocytes, macrophages, erythroid cells, megakaryocytes, mast cell colonies; induces expression of 20-α-steroid dehydrogenase, histidine, ornithine decarboxylase
- Cell Sources
- Activated T cells, mast cells, eosinophils, keratinocytes, NK cells, endothelial cells
- Cell Targets
- Erythroid cells, megakaryocytes, neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, mast cells, monocytic lineages
- Heterodimer IL-3Rα (CD123) and two alternate β-subunits, AIC2A binds IL-3 and is specific to IL-3Rα, AIC2B (CDw131) shared in common with IL-5R, GM-CSFR
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Frendl, G., 1992. Int. J. Immunopharmacol. 14:421.
3. Ihle, J., 1992. Chem. Immunology 51:65.
4. Valen T, P., et al. 1990. Blut 61:338.
- Upregulated by T cell stimulation; downregulated by glucocorticoids
- Gene ID
- 16187 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-3 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.