- 53-5.8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Lyt-3.2, Ly-3.2
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD8b is the 32 kD β chain of CD8, also known as Lyt-3.2 or Ly-3.2. It is a member of the Ig superfamily expressed as a heterodimer with the CD8α chain on a subset of MHC class I-restricted T cells and most thymocytes. CD8 is a co-receptor for the TCR complex involved in T cell activation. The antibody 53-5.8 is specific for Ly-3.2 and has low reactivity with Ly-3.1.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse thymus or spleen
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
ICC, IHC-F, IP - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence3, immunohistochemical staining4 of frozen tissue section using dry ice-isopentane method and immunoprecipitation5.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ledbetter J, et al. 1979. Immunol. Rev. 47:63.
- Ledbetter J, et al. 1980. J. Exp. Med. 152:280.
- Vremec D, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:2978. (IF)
- Lawrence D, et al. 1999. J. Virol. 73:1795. (IHC)
- Bosselut R, et al. 1999. J. Exp. Med. 190:1517. (IP)
AB_10645339 (BioLegend Cat. No. 140402)
- Ig superfamily, CD8β chain, 32 kD
Majority of thymocytes, cytotoxic T cell subsets
- Co-receptor of TCR
- MHC class I
- Cell Type
- T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, TCRs
- Antigen References
1. Ledbetter J, et al. 1981. J. Exp. Med. 153:1503.
2. Renard V, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 184:2439.
- Gene ID
- 12526 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8b.2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.