- FA-11 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- 1 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Mouse CD68, also known as macrosialin, is an 85-115 kD member of the lysosomal-associated membrane protein (LAMP) family. It is a heavily glycosylated and predominantly intracellular protein, mainly in late endosomes. Macrosialin is the murine homolog to the human macrophage glycoprotein CD68. It is expressed on tissue macrophages, Langerhans cells and at low levels on dendritic cells. Lamp proteins may have functions relating to cell-cell interaction or cell-ligand interaction. The biological function of CD68 is not completely understood.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified Con A receptor glycoproteins from the P815 cell line
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ICFC - Quality tested
FC - Validated
IP, WB, IHC - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported (for relevant formats) applications include: immunoprecipitation1, 2, Western Blot1, 2, and immunohistochemical staining of frozen sections2 and paraformaldehyde-fixed paraffin-embedded sections3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Silva RP, et al. 1999. Biochem. J. 338:687. (IP, WB)
- Rabinowitz SS, et al. 1991. J. Exp. Med. 174:827. (IP, WB, IHC)
- Wu J, et al. 2008. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 105:16934. (IHC)
- Kayama H, et al. 2012. PNAS. 109:5010. PubMed
- Park S, et al. 2013. Biomaterials. 34:598. PubMed
- Guiducci C, et al. 2013. J Exp Med. 210:2903. PubMed
- McKinstry SU, et al. 2014. J Neurosci. 34:9455. PubMed
- Li X, et al. 2015. J Am Heart Assoc. 6:4. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2044003 (BioLegend Cat. No. 137001)
AB_2044004 (BioLegend Cat. No. 137002)
- A member of the lysosomal-associated membrane protein (lamp) family.
Expressed on tissue macrophages, Langerhans cells, and at low levels on dendritic cells.
- Involved in cell-cell interaction or cell-ligand interaction, still not completely understood.
- Cell Type
- Antigen-presenting cells, Dendritic cells, Langerhans cells, Leukocytes, Macrophages
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules, Innate Immune Signaling
- Antigen References
1. Ramprasad MP, et al. 1996. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93:14833.
2. Smith MJ, et al. 1987. J. Cell. Sci. 87:113.
- Gene ID
- 12514 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD68 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.