- HMα2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- α2 integrin, VLA-2 α chain, Integrin α2 chain, ITGA2, HMa2
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD49b is a 150 kD glycoprotein, also known as α2 integrin, VLA-2 α chain, Integrin α2 chain, and HMα2. It is a member of the integrin family, expressed on NK cells, a subset of splenic CD4+ T cells, NK-T cells, intestinal intraepithelial and lamina propria lymphocytes, epithelial cells, and platelets. By associating with CD29 (integrin β1 subunit), CD49b forms the VLA-2 (integrin α2β1 ) complex. It plays a critical role in both adhesion and lymphocyte activation. The primary ligands for CD49b are collagen, laminin, and fibronectin. The HMα2 antibody has been shown to be useful for partially blocking CD49b mediated interactions with collagen. Additionally, this antibody blocks staining of splenic NK cells by the monoclonal antibody DX5.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Mouse colon carcinoma cell line Colon26
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
- Recommended Usage
This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. For metal labeling using Maxpar® Ready antibodies, proceed directly to the step to Partially Reduce the Antibody by adding 100 µl of Maxpar® Ready antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter and continue with the protocol. Always refer to the latest version of Maxpar® User Guide when conjugating Maxpar® Ready antibodies.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, immunofluorescence on frozen sections4, and blocking of cell adhesion1-3. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 103525 & 103526).
- Additional Product Notes
Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Standard BioTools Inc.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Miyake S, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:2000. (Block, IP)
- Noto K, et al. 1995. Int. Immunol. 7:835. (Block)
- Arase H, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:1141. (Block)
- Zhang Z, et al. 2008. Blood 111:1980. (IF)
- Product Citations
AB_2563754 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103513)
- Integrin family, associates with CD29 (β1 integrin), 150 kD
NK cells, subset splenic CD4+ T cells, NK-T cells, intestinal intraepithelial and lamina propria lymphocytes, epithelial cells, platelets
- Adhesion, lymphocyte activation
- Collagen, laminin, fibronectin
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells, Lymphocytes, NK cells, NKT cells, Platelets, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Sasaki K, et al. 2003. Int. Immunol. 15:701.
3. Inoue O, et al. 2003. J. Cell Biol. 160:769.
- Gene ID
- 16398 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD49b on UniProt.org
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
|FITC anti-mouse CD49b||HMα2||FC|
|PE anti-mouse CD49b||HMα2||FC|
|Purified anti-mouse CD49b||HMα2||FC, IHC-F, IP, Block|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD49b||HMα2||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD49b||HMα2||FC|
|Purified anti-mouse CD49b (Maxpar® Ready)||HMα2||FC, CyTOF®|
|APC anti-mouse CD49b||HMα2||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD49b||HMα2||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD49b||HMα2||FC|
|Biotin anti-mouse CD49b||HMα2||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0421 anti-mouse CD49b||HMα2||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C0421 anti-mouse CD49b||HMα2||PG|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD49b||HMα2||FC, IHC-F, IP, Block|
|TotalSeq™-B0421 anti-mouse CD49b||HMα2||PG|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
FITC anti-mouse CD49b
PE anti-mouse CD49b
Purified anti-mouse CD49b
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD49b
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD49b
Purified anti-mouse CD49b (Maxpar® Ready)
APC anti-mouse CD49b
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD49b
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD49b
Biotin anti-mouse CD49b
TotalSeq™-A0421 anti-mouse CD49b
TotalSeq™-C0421 anti-mouse CD49b
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD49b
TotalSeq™-B0421 anti-mouse CD49b