- 500A2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CD3ε, T3, CD3
- Syrian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD3ε is a 20 kD transmembrane protein, also known as CD3 or T3. It is a member of the Ig superfamily and primarily expressed on T cells, NK-T cells, and at different levels on thymocytes during T cell differentiation. CD3ε forms a TCR complex by associating with the CD3δ, γ and ζ chains, as well as the TCR α/β or γ/δ chains. CD3 plays a critical role in TCR signal transduction, T cell activation, and antigen recognition by binding the peptide/MHC antigen complex.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Syrian Hamster
- Mouse T cell receptor.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F - Validated
Blocking - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For immunohistochemical staining on frozen tissue sections, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 - 10.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone 500A2 antibody is able to partially cross-block the 17A2 and 145-2C11 antibodies, indicating that all three of these anti-CD3 antibodies recognize distinct but overlapping epitopes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Miescher GC, et al. 1989. Immunol. Lett. 23:113.
AB_2650621 (BioLegend Cat. No. 152302)
- Ig superfamily, forms CD3/TCR complex with CD3δ, γ and ζ subunits and TCR (α/β and γ/δ), 20 kD.
Thymocytes (differentiation dependent), mature T cells and NK-T cells.
- TCR signal transduction, T cell activation and antigen recognition.
- T-cell receptor (TCR).
- Ligand Receptor
- Peptide antigen/MHC-complex.
- Cell Type
- NKT cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, TCRs
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leucocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Davis MM. 1990. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 59:475.
3. Weiss A, et al. 1994. Cell. 76:263.
- Gene ID
- 12501 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD3e on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.