- N227/21 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Methyl-CpG-binding protein 2, meCp-2 protein, RS, RTS, RTT, PPMX, MRX16, MRX79, MRXSL, AUTSX3, MRXS13
Covance Catalog# MMS-5158
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- 0 reviews
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Methyl CpG binding protein (MECP2), also known as autism susceptibility to X-linked 2 (AUTSX3), is a nuclear protein crucial for normal neuronal function that binds to methylated DNA, forming complexes with histone deacteylases and turning off gene expression. MECP2 expression is an X-linked trait. Loss of MECP2 expression causes Rett Syndrone (also known as RTS, RTT, or RS) a neurological disorder which causes decelerated growth of hands, feet, and the head.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 157-169 (FTVTG[dimethyl-R]GSPSRRE) of human MECP2.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality tested
ICC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IHC-P: 1: 1-10 µg/ml
• ICC: 1-10 µg/ml
Tissue: Formalin-fixed Paraffin-embedded sections
Primary Incubation: 24 hours at 4°C
- Application Notes
IHC-P: Rat and mouse brain
ICC Positive Control: Methanol-fixed mouse 3T3 and HeLa cell lines
AB_2564780 (BioLegend Cat. No. 814001)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.